Friday, October 3, 2008

Palin' In Comparison!

I could offer some over-opinionated blabber about last night's debate, and about how much of a dangerous cuckoo bird Sarah Palin is-- but I won't waste my time. I'll just note a few key statements of the evening.

1. Ifill: "As Vice President, there's nothing you've promised as a candidate that you would take off the table because of this financial issue?"
Palin: "There is not, and how long have I been at this? Like five weeks?"

2. "I may not answer the questions the way that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people." (So that I can dodge any questions I cannot or do not want to answer.)

3. 


Okay Okay, so Biden was definitely the "winner" of the debate in my eyes simply because he answered his questions, knew what he was talking about, and didn't mention hockey even once! Palin did what she needed to do, and that was not totally make fool of herself as she has in her recent interviews, nor run crying off the stage.  She also placated to the hometown folk with her po-dunky, poorly crafted sentences that is gonna make all her fellow hockey moms say, "Aw, she's like one of us. She's a good girl." Who cares if the syntax was all wonky and she didn't really know what she was talking about? Neither do most of America! Oh well, keep your fingers crossed, and vote for our salvation at the polls people. That's all that can be done.


I figured this is also a good time to post the spoof of Ann and Nancy Wilson's F U to McCain for using 'Barracuda' as Palin's theme (Real letter here.): 

No comments: