Monday, August 18, 2008

Country Mouse City House

My old roommate and friend, Kate Hudson (No, not THAT Kate Hudson, silly!) just posted a bunch of photos on flickr that I thought you all might enjoy.

The way I met Kate was rather serendipitous. She contacted me via a friend of an acquaintance when one of the rooms in my apartment was available. If you know me, you know of my love of coincidences-- or things that appear to be so. We interviewed one young prim and proper girl, who was sweet as pie, but I knew would never be able to handle my frequent mood swings of the time. Kate was young and quiet, but I sensed that there was a bit of grime nestled under her fingernails and I liked that. Oddly, she was originally from North Carolina, as I am, and had grown up attending a Quaker school. My family were (mostly non-practicing, wanna-be) Southern Baptists, but two of my good friends had spent time in the sprawling fields of Indiana at a Quaker college, so it seemed that these two commonalities meant she should stay with us-- and she did for awhile.

Here are her photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitemule
















1 comment:

besos y fotos: the virtual sketchbook said...

these are really fucking great..
pass on some big ups.