Sunday, November 23, 2008

men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses

Why are glasses so en vogue now?  It makes me wanna barf.



Being legally blind, I am happy that there are thousands of interesting frames for those of us visually challenged-- BUT for the rest of those out there who do not share my plight, I feel a little disdain, as glasses-wearing is not that great, never will be, and is mostly a pain in the ass. (Extra UGH to those who wear the frames without the lenses. At least fake bad vision if you're wearing the frames for style.)

One of the worst things about wearing glasses is the dilemma of laying down with the glasses on. Whether it be to watch TV or read a book, there is only one way you may lay, and that's on your back-- not always the most comfortable. Recently, I found a solution in this fabulous book, 101 UN-Useless Japanese Inventions by Kenji Kawakami.

Cranium Grabbing Glasses--


Amazing! Now if they only made these in neon colors (I kid.)

5 comments:

Susan said...

The worst is falling asleep when you are watching a movie with glasses on then waking up with weird dents in your face.

shea said...

what magazine is that? i think that is my friend lola. or maybe just some other chick with short black hair and bangs.

thehistoryofmyfuture said...

i found the pic on some other blog-- i forgot which one now.

Anonymous said...

yeah this trend needs to die.

not keren said...

sorry, but i love me some glasses. especially boys with glasses. i have been their #1 cheerleader for the past 10 years... just ask bev. my luv for 60s black nerd spex will never die.