Saturday, November 1, 2008

Creativity Central!

Being that my email is marylouise@gmail.com, I get TONS of misdirected messages to other Marys, Louises, Mary Lous, and of course Mary-Louises. It usually happens when someone forgets to tack on the last name. I've gotten everything from a hate letter from a woman to her sister to party invites in Georgia to photos of people's kids and their weekend getaways. I even had one woman incessantly argue with me when I wrote her to simply tell her she was sending her ridiculous chain letters to the wrong address.

BUT today I received this little gem of a forward from Miss Mary Pattie Butters. Such a cute name, and also interesting because there IS an aptly-named company called Mary Louise Butters who make brownies. Maybe she thought I was the brownie lady?

Anyway, I digress.

Now presenting...MR. CRAYOLA


Don Marco..... The Master Crayola Artist

Don Marco was born in Northern Minnesota in the late 1920's. His interest in art was evident even before starting school. As a young adult in the Army Air Corp, he began his life's career in Air Traffic Control, which continued until his retirement from Honolulu International Airport in 1973. Much of his spare time was spent as a professional artist.

Before retirement, Don started developing a technique to create fine art, using Crayola Crayons. Shortly after retiring, he published his first print. Living in Southern California, his work was in demand, including commissions from Burt Reynolds and a one-man show at his Dinner Theater in Florida.

Hard to imagine these are done with crayons!!!


(In addition to being the Bob Ross of the 24 pack, he has a dinner theatre in Florida where he PERFORMS! Woah.)






Burt is my favorite, but if you wanna check out more see Sandy's Thoughts in Houston, Texas

Oh, and here's his website:
THE MASTER CRAYON ARTIST

1 comment:

shea said...

mis fire emails. love it.