Monday, January 19, 2009

Beauty Booty

As the winter seems to be closing in on us here in NYC (Currently 26 degrees F!!), I celebrated MLK Jr. day big time in my apartment getting over a head cold, and wallowing in my own pity. With my cold has come lots of scaly skin, raunchy smells, and of course, aches and pains. Wanna make out? Just kidding. Luckily, pre-leaving-fancy-magazine-job, there was a sale of all beauty products given to the mag for testing, and I acquired something like a bushel of shmancy skin swag for so cheap I can't even discuss it!

My faves out of those that I've tried:

DOUBLE DEFENSE Face and Body SPF 30 By Somme Institute
This moisturizer is thick enough to deal with my winter scales, but not make me feel like I'm wearing a grease mask. Since I've been blowing my nose every five minutes, I've developed quite the attractive chap 'stache, and this stuff has been a soothing godsend! I'm also digging the 30 SPF provided I get to see the light of the sun again!


Not that I need to reverse the signs of aging, but my boyfriend used this stuff, and said he totally noticed a difference in his skin. As a (mostly) ex-smoker, he says this stuff reversed the havoc that the cancer sticks began around his eyes.

SOS KIT FIRST CLASS FLIGHT Pure Rosewater Mist by Sheerin Okho
I don't think this particular mist is sold anymore, but now comes in a sheer lotion. Whether working all-nighters or traveling coast to coast, this spritz was an automatic eye opener, and smells amazing due to its natural ingredients (Rose, jojoba, ginseng).


I'll update when I get to the rest. My bathroom would look like Sephora if I had all the stuff I scored in view!

No comments: