Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blander

Holy Schmoly! Blender magazine has bitten the dust, leaving only two, Spin and Rolling Stone, vying for the spot as mainstream music's most shameful. I can't tell you how many times I applied for a job at this rag with this no response. Oh whelp! I suppose the saddest part is that their final cover has American Idol's Kelly Clarkson on the cover.



Being the first American Idol winner, Clarkson represented that even a small town gal from where-ever-the-eff-she-was-from could be a star, and live the American Dream. With her face gracing the cover of Blender's last issue, one could go as far to say that perhaps the American Dream is dying-- or maybe just shitty over-produced music fueled by reality TV shows is dying. Let's hope it's the latter.

For all those unhappy now-jobless pups who wouldn't hire me at Blender, I recently found this really cool artist, Richard Perez who can empathize:


CHECK MORE OF HIS WORK ON HIS FLICKR

No comments: