Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Breathe In, Breathe Out


Just received Gavin Rossdale's "comeback" disc, Wanderlust, with the cover bearing what else but his beautiful face. The inside was much less desirable than its outer shell. Quite honestly, I only listened to the whole album once, and the most notable song on it was, "This is Happiness" in which the chorus repeats -- duh-- "This is happiness, this is happiness." Gavin may be happy these days, (Which he very well should be with a beautiful, successful wife, adorable kid, jet-setting life, plus let's face it, he will always be a total babe) but nobody wants to fucking hear about it! Then again Gavin was always something of a soft-hearted hippie (See here for ref.) With all its embarrassing fuzzy, melodramatic mumbles and one highly vomit-inducing ballad released as the single (Love Remains the Same), Wanderlust is definitely a WONDERBUST!

Sorry Gav. I still loved you way back when. I even had a t-shirt purchased at Spencer Gifts that read, "I <3 Gavin!" in the 7th grade, and saw you play a double bill with my other 90's faves, Veruca Salt!

I'll still hold the good ol' days close...



No comments: