Saturday, April 12, 2008

Booty Meat/ Studio B Sucks

Since I am so completely lost in left field sometimes, I went around all day yesterday thinking it was April 10th. This is really funny if you know what my job is. Because of this, I obviously missed the aforementioned concert and art show I was planning on going to last night, as it happened the night before ON THE 10th! Oopsy.

Left with no solid plans post happy hour(s), I was glad when my favorite boy found out that Devin the Dude was playing at Studio B. We went and, of course, just ended up too drunk before he even came onstage--NOT from pounding jager shots or anything, but because he didn't even grace the stage before 2am! I went to see the RZA at Studio B a couple months ago, and the same thing happened. I wasn't really surprised about the RZA situation for entry was free, but this was completely ridiculous. Studio B gets its patrons there and keeps them there all night long waiting on the main acts while the drinks are completely outrageous prices. On top of that, the security there made me feel like I was in some sort of european holding cell. Drunkenly, we did stumble to the Diamond Bar a block away for a nightcap, which generally has a great jukebox playing, tons of great wines, imported beers and microbrews, and yummy cheese and meat selections if you're hungry. Unfortunately, last night a special party was happening, and some really terrible techno craziness was being blasted by a small man welding a very lethal macbook.




I don't know much about Devin the Dude anyway, so I wasn't completely brokenhearted that we missed him. I do know he's from Houston, likes to sample the green goddess every now and then, and I've heard his music "chopped and screwed." I know I've heard the same of Soulja Boy, which I really dig. The only real reason why I mention this is because I want to recognize this weird Soulja Boy song phenomenon I found on youtube for the song, "Booty Meat."
Just search the site, and you'll know exactly what I'm referring to. I find it a whole mess of hilarious, bizarre, and upsetting, but here are a few Hall of Famers




(clearly a dorm room)







Almost makes me entertain vegetarianism. Sheesh.

1 comment:

Sybil said...

ahahahahahah ah ma god.