Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Deliver Us From Goodness

Man lives in the sunlit world
of what he believes to be reality.
But, there is, unseen by most, an underworld,
a place that is just as real,
but not as brightly lit.....
A DARKSIDE.


This past Monday, I spent my day off on the couch watching a marathon of Tales From The Darkside, the amazing, chilling TV show from the 80's. The opening credits always creeped me out more than the show. I grew up in the sticks of North Carolina, so this show made walking through the woods around my house a near impossibility for fear that something was indeed LURKING behind each tree! Oh, and FUCK going over a covered bridge!





A Lesson A Day from Tales from the Darkside :
  1. Dads are usually mean drunks, and they are always gonna get what's coming to them.
  2. Most men are mean, and will always get what's coming to them.
  3. Kids are either geniuses, evil, or both. (Episode: I Can't Help Saying Goodbye )
  4. Karma is a bitch.
  5. Drugs can make you smarter/powerful. (Episode: The Bitterest Pill )
  6. Brains beat brawn. (Episode: No Strings)
  7. The dark side is always there,
    waiting for us to enter,
    waiting to enter us.
    Until next time,
    try to enjoy the daylight.
muah HAHAHAHAH!

3 comments:

Jacob Sloan said...

never as scary as the episode of 'are you afraid of the dark' where 'help me' is written backwards on a mirror because the girl is trapped INSIDE THE MIRROR!

thehistoryofmyfuture said...

I KNOWWWWWW. I was gonna write about that too, but decided save that for another day. I remember the night I watched that episode. I knocked over my Pepsi Clear I was so scared!

Sybil said...

hahahah pepsi clear!