Friday, May 2, 2008

Have You Ever Really Loved Free Vodka?

Last night the BF and I attended the opening of Bryan Adams' (YES, Mr. Summer of '69) Hear The World Ambassadors Photo Exhibit. Hear the World is a global initiative raising awareness about the importance of good hearing and the impact of hearing loss, and the opening was also to celebrate the beginning of Better Hearing and Speech Month. ( Press Release)

BF and I knew no one there, except for Renee Zellweger and Lydia Hearst, but for some reason, they didn't recognize us. As if! Both ladies look like chihuahua/preying mantis love children. Scary! I actually didn't see Renee Z, but the BF filled me in. B. Adams did call me "sweetheart" (Cause you know-- I am.) and kissed me on the cheek though, and The Virgins played. I saw them last summer at an old church in the East Village, and wasn't impressed. Still not, but it made the whole experience more fun-- so did the free vodka.

As did the cameraphone. See below.

Adams in white.

The Virgins laying it down for us. Get it "lay"? Aw, nevermind.

Hear no evil, snort no evil.

Trying to get my nickle back from Chad Kroeger.

Can't you hear me licking?!

Too much booty in the pants for Moby?

Um. I like this picture of my shiny party feet.


Just for old times sake, for the best usage of masks in a video, and for the fact that Johnny Depp is a total stud.

1 comment:

brendan donnelly said...

i still don't get the virgins hype! i zzzzzzz