Thursday, May 22, 2008

Magnetic Fields 4-EVA.

Elizabeth took a jog down memory lane while showcasing her chaotic refrigerator door the other day, which made me laugh, because my roommates are always cursing me for my own cluttered cooler. My own memories aren't the only ones that are kept on that door, but those of others as we have kept every postcard, magnet, coupon, crumbly love note, etc. I used to find weird stuff in the street and stick it up there, but that just got too insane and I had to get a little more selective. Unfortunately, my camera battery was dying when I took this photo and obviously this was an urgent issue, so I couldn't wait for it to charge. Long story long-- Um Sorry for the blurriness of the pic. Oh well. 

click to zoom

Top Door- Top Left Clockwise: (1) Business Card from The Rebel Shop in Tabor City, NC on Hwy 74.  A man named Vernon Strickland owned it. Sold items such as rebel flag bikinis, bumper stickers that read "Keep on Klux'in'", flags bearing Waylon Jennings' huge head, and more Wrangler Daisy Duke shorts than you've ever seen. (2)Beasty Feast magnet that belonged to our old roommate, Kate. She had a sweet dog called, Scout, named after To Kill A Mockingbird.(3)Whole Foods coupon that I got from a party I actually attended IN WHOLE FOODS! There was a guy rapping freestyle and free food. It kinda sucked. (4) Postcard from roommate, Jacob from when he was in Scotland. There is a very realistic drawing of Nessy on the back. (5) "Bigger and Better In America" Postcard from my friend Brian when he was on tour. The back says "WE KILL FUCKING TURKEYS IN AMERICA. N. Mexico." (6) Friends Betsy and Justin from a special night in the basement of Tonic (Subtonic) RIP. (7)Postcard I found in the street somewhere. It says "East River 1987" on the back. (8)"What good comes from a day that starts with getting up?" Left by old roomie Kate. (9) "I AM HAPPY BECAUSE KATE LOVES ME AND I AM WONDERFUL" tape originally stuck on our friend Nick, but ended up on the fridge. (10) Announcement photo and letter for my friend, Yvette's amazing baby, Julian. He is 7 mos. old now. (10.5) Rolling Stones tongue from their last tour. (11) Paris postcard from Jacob when he was there. (12) Roommate Lindsay's Parsons senior show flyer (13) Postcard from Jacob's sister, Mara when she was backpacking in Spain all by her tiny self. (14) Polaroid of me, Jacob, and Katherine. I had a dislocated arm, hence the sling. Awesome times!!!! (15) Bday portrait I made for Jacob (16)Planet Hollywood magnet--not sure where it came from. (17) Vintage London postcard from Yvette when she was living there for a couple months about a million years ago. (18)Happy Holidays handmade card from Jackie (19) Photobooth photos all taken at Union Pool. Me, Jacob, and Katherine, Me and Jackie, Me and Kate (20) Postcard from Florida from Veronica.

Bottom Door- Same deal as above: (1) Cat drawing Jacob and I found on the street the other day in the west lower 50's. Amazing, right? (2) Scout's vet magnet. I miss that pup. (3) That clip usually holds bills. (4) "Pennsylvania Grand Canyon" postcard from Jacob's mom. She writes him weekly from Philly. Such a funny lady. (5) Ecuador postcard from Jacob's friend. (6) Dali's Lobster Telephone magnet from Mara (6) Another Pennsylvania postcard from Jacob's mom (7) "Eat Extra... If..." food chart by Katherine to remind us what foods to eat for every ailment. 

Extra little spanish magnets from Valerie, and I've had those word magnets since my freshman year at AppState. Kate left the palabras de espanol to help us with our spanish. 

OMG. I know I'm the only person that will ever read that again. How embarrassing.

2 comments:

besos y fotos: the virtual sketchbook said...

i did, indeed, read the whole thing.

god bless nostalgic radical clutter/on the way to the butter.

White Lightning said...

now i want to see EVERYONE'S fridge doors!!!