Thursday, May 1, 2008

Hunka Hunka Marital Bliss

Today would mark the 41st wedding anniversary of Elvis(RIP) and Priscilla Presley had they still been together. I've been a huge Elvis P. fan since I was a kid beginning from the first time I saw Blue Hawaii with my mom at age 4. I got word that the hunk-a-burnin' love on screen was no longer alive, and cried my eyes out through the rest of the movie. My obsession has dwindled somewhat, but I still showcase my velvet Elvis proudly in my living room, and stand by the fact that Elvis' live rendition of "If I Can Dream" from his '68 Comeback Special is one of the most powerful songs I've ever heard. I've never been to Graceland, but my mom claims I was conceived in Memphis, TN while my dad was taking a class there. Elvis lives as long as I do!

Elvis Presley "If I Could Dream" '68 Comeback Special




YOIKS!!

No comments: