Sunday, February 8, 2009

Deaf Combo

This is how I felt about the Grammys:


(That's Grace Slick abusing her baby with her moms for LIFE mag, btw.)

Why do they feel the need to "refresh" songs by forcing two artists that don't make sense to perform together???? Sugarland and Adele? I hate Adele. J.Timb and T.I.? Awkward. Stevie Wonder and the Jonas Brothers? Well, he couldn't tell who he was singing with so I can't blame him. Who let John Mayer sing Bo Diddley??? Barf. I kind of liked the marching band with Radiohead, but I'm so sick of Radiohead these days I could just die. Apparently Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift sang a song together. I'm really glad I missed that. Jay Z and Chris Martin?? Oy! Need I say more?

I'm bummed Lil' Wayne didn't win Album of the Year, but he got rap album (and performed with a very preggo MIA plus T.I., Jay-Z and Kanye), so everybody wins. Robert Plant's still kickin' around. I guess he deserves it. I listen to Houses of the Holy all the time.

Here's that Katie Couric interview where Katie talks to Wayne about smoking pot, and makes weird gestures implying that her butt is sizzling hot. Just watch if you didn't:

1 comment:

shea said...

i love this interview. really enjoy him calling her "miss katie." sick of radiohead? i'm actually never sick of them. on the plus side of the grammy's this guy i am hanging out with won best soundtrack (although i think the director accepted the win). whatever.