Friday, February 27, 2009

I Slipped I Tumbled I Fell

Major confession, y'all: Until the other day, I never really understood Tumblr.com! I have a blog and I have a Flickr account, so I really couldn't figure out what need I would have for another site for posting. But this was until the other day when everything changed! I actually looked at the site at the urging of my friend, Katherine, who told me she started her own Tumblr as an organizational tool of inspirational material. I guess that is really the reason for it, and what a good idea it is! I have a terrible habit of emailing web links to myself (only to lose them in my email), saving images that I like (only to forget where I found them), and this Tumblr thing really does a good job of getting all that in order.

Once my (ex)boss sent me a random email on a day off :

Do you know who shot this??

I'm sure she had the file on her computer, ran across it, and hadn't noted the photographer or origination. Had she had it all organized virtually on Tumblr, she could have easily figured out that it was taken by Mary Ellen Mark, and possibly noted why she saved it in the first place-- Not to mention linked back to where she found it!

So um yeah-- Anyway, I started one. If you have one too, lemme know and I'll link you up!

This is mine:
http://thehistoryofmyfuture.tumblr.com/

And Katherine's is:
http://practicalfancy.tumblr.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

tumbler is the new twitter! i can't wait to see John McCain's and Shaq's

Leti said...

I have one but I never use it. I am going to start
http://subtletyinexcess.tumblr.com/

Anonymous said...

most people i know use it for moblogging

thehistoryofmyfuture said...

well i don't feel the need to blog mobile-y-- plus my phone is a piece of doodoo that does not allow me to send photos for some reason anyway-- BUT i do think it's an awesome way to keep inspired and creative

Anonymous said...

yeah i know, I am just sayin'.

pssst, http://dearanxiety.tumblr.com/