Saturday, February 7, 2009

Gold Sledge Hammer? Really???



I know MC Hammer went bankrupt some time ago, but I didn't realize Ed McMahon was so hard up! I'm not even talking about their claims in the commercial either. I can't believe these guys would even stoop to the level of appearing in this commercial, but I'm so glad that they did! (So hilarious how they title MC Hammer as "Famous Rap Star"!) It originally appeared during the Super Bowl , so I assume they actually did receive quite a bit of compensation for this-- unlike Cash 4 Gold's customers. I did some investigating in this company in the past (Just for kicks, because it seems like such a crock, right? Wow. I have no life.). 


" 88 days ago by Kathy [send email] 0 Votes
I received a check from Cash 4 Gold that was very low in value to the items I sent to them. I phoned and emailed customer service and told them I was not pleased with the check and asked to send my items back to me. At this point I told them I was contacting the Better Business Bureau regarding their ads beinng untruthful. I then got a call from them to call them back and I did tell them I did contact the BBB and wanted my jewelery back. The BBB contacted them but it took Cash 4 Gold a long time to respond and did not respond to the final response requested by the BBB. BBB closed the case but Cash 4 Gold has this on their record."

" 51 days ago by mary currie 0 Votes
Cash 4 Gold ripped me off! I wish I had done something when I had the chance. The small check they sent me was a joke! Everytime I see that commercial on TV it makes me sick!"

" 8 days ago by Kim 0 Votes
omg, i sent in my jewelry and they said they nevered recieved it, i should have know better. now i have to fill out a claim and who knows if i will every get any money from this bottom dwellers"

OTHER FUNNY (AND SOMETIMES SAD) SCAM TESTIMONIES: 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel like both of them are using the economy to their advantage.

the price of gold really did go up though.

Sybil said...

also Sauna belt?! really? who comes up with this shit? snooze

thehistoryofmyfuture said...

yes, the cost of gold did go up, but if you read up on the company, they under-appraise items and many people have been told their items were "lost in the mail."

as for the two using the economy to their advantage: i think that cash 4 gold just couldn't get any bigger celebrities. i mean, they even have to note in the commercial that mc hammer is famous.

Anonymous said...

There was one about somebody contacting the BBB and various news outlets for their godawful experience with Cash4Gold, and got an email from the CEO basically saying "alright dude, name your price. $5K to keep this under wraps..."

Slimy!

Sybil said...

oh i am fully aware of the complaints, and that they obvs couldn't get anyone bigger but i am saying those two are probably using the economy to make themselves feel better about joking about selling all of their gold tropies/records etc.

Sybil said...

also


2/5/2009 - Snuggles writes:
Hello. My story is a very depressing one. You see, I have a small penis. My penis is barely 2 inches when fully erect. This has caused me great sadness through the years. Then, one night, it seemed everything would change! I saw a commercial for Extenze, and thought Yes, my days of suffering from tiny penis would finally be over. I quickly called up and placed an order. When the product arrived, I was so excited. I even called up my mother to tell her the good news. But, the news wasn't good. Extenze didn't work. I have not grown at all. I am still tiny, and my bank account is now also tiny. :(

Anonymous said...

Hello This site is a very nice and also a helpful to all. You get all type of information overhere..

http://www.infomercialscams.com/defenses/john_alexander_real_estate