Saturday, February 14, 2009

Take Me To Bed Or Lose Me Forever

I made these delicious chocolate truffles for Mike for Vday. The flags note all the reasons why I think he's awesome.


RECIPE

Grenache (The Middle):
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 small chai tea teabags (I used orange and spice tea)
2.5 Tb unsalted butter
3 Tb alcohol or extract (I used
Blue Mountain Mist, which is AMAZING, but I think you can only get it in Jamaica or online-- You can use Grand Marnier, Kahlua, Almond Extract, Peppermint Extract, etc.)

Coatings:
Cocoa Powder
Confectioners Sugar 

Place chocolate chips in a medium sized heat safe bowl. Set aside. Heat cream with tea bags to a low simmer. Remove from heat and steep tea bags for 5-6 minutes. Remove tea bags, and add butter. Heat again then bring to a boil. Immediately pour boiling cream over chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Add liqueur. Cover and place in refrigerator until truffle mixture is firm (This will take several hours or overnight).

Once grenache sets, place powdered coating in a bowl. I used plain cocoa powder, and a mix of cocoa and confectioner's sugar. Using a melon baller, spoon, AND YOUR HANDS, form the chocolate into roundish bite-sized balls. Immediately roll the truffle in the coating and place on tray. Cover and place in the refrigerator until firm. Makes approx. 30 small truffles.


I also think this fingerprint jewelry by Imprint on my Heart is totally adorable without being too mush-mush.

HERS?


Sterling Silver Fingerprint Vertical Tag with Initials $375

HIS?

Sterling Silver Long Vertical Tag $425, shown with rough finish

See more HERE

2 comments:

Sybil said...

cute!

Leti said...

I want truffles! Don't let Chad eat them all.